Friday, November 23, 2012

The FruitCake Part Three: Shock Treatment

The Bathroom

Olivier [not understanding. Is she always such a wittily sort of lady?

Lee [coolly. Shes a piranha ready to bite twenty-four hours a day.

Nurse Rosario. Yes-SS [with her eyebrows up in the air, -----you can use the bathroom, --its just to the right outside the room here, its private; but Ill have to be in there with you, would youwould you mind at all?

Incidentally your mothers --Elsie, right? [Lee nods his head yesshe was here when you were sleeping last night, you seemed a bit fogy last night. She looked as if her world was coming apart; you know she had every church in town praying for you. It was sweet when she held your hand, as if she got you backwhich she did, Im not sure what course in her life would have taken place had you not had the miracle you did have. She had white pearls on, a white blouse and a black tie. I remember everything. [Lee just gawking at the nurse as if in a daze, visualizing the moment, then smi led, saying: Yes I remember that, he commented, but so many other times I dont remember, he added.

A long pause as they both took a moment to adjust to the current situation.

Lee. Oh yaw! [Surprised. Ive always been a shy kind of fellow when it comes to something similar to that, sort ofsort of shy that is.

Rosario. Oh, I seeOh, I see you have to have me by your side like it or not.

Lee [aghast. Hm...Mm! Ok, it will be your way, or no way at all, so it looks like it looks like!

[Lee adds to his dialogue concerning the doctor The big man gave in, Im shocked, and Im allowed to use the bathroom, not this damn pan. [His heart is starting to bother him; he notices something wrong as he is getting out of bed; his balance is not steady, his head is light. Rosario quickly takes his pulse and attaches some wiring to him. His pulse has jumped to 150.. Now to 180.

Nurse Rosario. I got to see the doctor, just sit here [Lee remains on the bed hoping to use the toilet in the private bathroom. He hasnt had a bowel movement in six days.

As Nurse Rosario leaves the room, she is observed trying to call the doctor over

their paging him: --Oliver looks at Lee and nods his head as if to say, what can you do, and lays back in his bed.

Oliver [to break the tension. Boy oh boy, --Lee! Is it ever green, I mean really green outside. May is a good month for grassyaweverything grows, and grows.

Lee. Yaw, I never thought Id appreciate grassgreen-grass that is, or even notice the different shades of greens within the grass; funny how we appreciate life when it is on the edge ready to disappear. But it is beautiful, from what Ive seen of itthe grass that is. I did get to look at it a few days ago, when I was allowed to sit in a chair by my bed. Yes, you appreciate life in a different way; it is no more an item for consumption, that is, a commodity. As for mother, someday I may be standing over her , as she has done here for me praying, and she will not remember all the times I will go to see her, as I do not remember her visiting me most of the times, but Ive been told she was here everyday, I think Ive been here about three weeks. Things have a way of changing in time Oliver.

In comes the doctor. He notices Lee on the side of the bed, and is getting

briefed by Rosario. He seems to be unsure of the situation. In spite of this, he acts as if hes got it under control, and tries to put on a smile, then quickly takes his pulse, looking at Nurse Rosario.

Dr. Bash [throatily. Well, Mr. Walters, your heart is flying, and well have to do something quick about that.

Lee. Yaw, as long as you dont make me a Fruit Cake, and let me go use that bathroom.

Dr. Bash [staring in thought, looking toward Rosario. Yes, I did say you could, didnt I. Ok, [a pausewhile in thoughtif you agree to have us do some electric-shock treatment on you, slow that heart beat to normal.

Lee. That sounds interesting I think, just translate that for me a little better, electric-shocKK!

Dr. Bash. Its called electric-shock, as I was saying, and it willhopefullytrigger you heart back to a more normal rhythm, or put another way, pace, if you will. As you know, right now it is racing at close to 190-beats a minute. I want to get your heart back into regularity. For some reason it jumped out of timekeeping, I guess thats the best way of saying it.

Lee. You always have the most choice words for serious issues Doc, do what you need to but I want to take a healthy [he looks at Rosario the nursea slight pause in the momentI need to go to the bathroom doc.

Dr. Bash [a little annoyed with Lees insistence, and thinking or wondering if he made the right decision to have electric shock, he moves his jaw a few times. Rosario, take him in the bathroom and help him, Ill get the equipment we need for the you know [he di dnt want to scare Lee anymore than what he had already, he knew he was now nervous about the shock-treatment, and did not want him to refuse it.

Lee [darting a look at Rosario. Im ready; dont need a wheel chair, just your arm please [looking at the nurse, Rosario from the corner of his eye; adding, Im similar to my mother, she hates the cane, never utilized it, the one I brought back from the Black Hills; yes, and I hate the wheelchair.

The doctor now is out of sight, eminently looking for the machine himself. And Rosario has brought Lee into the bathroom, and leaves the door open a bit, as Lee sits down, pulling his garment away from him, she stands by the door watching.

Lee. Rosario, Pa-Pleaseshut the door please, and turn around. I cant go if you looklooking my way, or at me.

Rosario [hesitantly. Ok, but dont try too hardyou know, dont force yourself to go, it is really against policy for me to leave, I mean to turn around, it is like le aving, or taking my eyes off you, but if youre going to insist ok, I dont want your stitches in your chest to become undone [the zipper you mean, commented Lee.

Lee. Thanks, Id tell youthat youreare, really lovely, but this is not the time or place [Rosario chuckles lightly, walks away from the door, and stands facing the wall to the side of Lee.

Lee is putting a lot of effort into having a bowel movement and Rosario hearsand is getting nervous

she is starting to turn around, but stops. Then a second groan comes from Lee, finally the bowel movement follows [with a long sigh of relief, which is quite a lot, need I say more. Lee stops, catches his breath, and Rosario quickly, turns around.

Rosario. Are you all right? if I had my hands on you, I could tell your heart rate, by the sounds you are making, the effort that is, was way too much; I would be in trouble for allowing the stress on your heart to to you know it was too much, way too much. Incidentally, I said a prayer; I just hope everything is ok; I mean, first the heart than the stroke now the pulse, whats next [?

Lee. Listen, I feel really good, not stuffed or anything. My breathing is a little heavy, as if my lungs are too heavy for me, but the doc says theyre all right. Lets go back.

Rosario takes Lee back to his bed and helps him in. Then attaches some wires to his heart to monitor his heart rate, and along side him is a graph showing his heart beats [pulse rate per minute. Rosario walks out of the room, and Lee keeps staring at the equipment. He is thinking: is there something wrong [?; --and then stares even closer. He is almost mortified. Then Rosario comes in almost in a gallop.

Rosario [shocked, in disbelief. Look, look, lookmy prayerit worked, it really worked, your heart rate is going down, its 94, no, no, its 86, no 71 [she hugs Lee, and Lee gives her a kiss on the side of her cheek [its down to 59. Lee and the N urses are thinking, it was the prayer, and the healthy dump [possibly he had in the bathroom. God works in strange ways thats all I can say [adds Rosario looking at Lee in astonishment.

Rosario now leaves the room, and the Doctor comes in with the machinery to give Lee his electric shock. He tests the two odd looking devices he is holding in each hand, and turns a few knobs.

Lee. What you up to doc?

Dr. Bash. Just got to test this before I use it on you; how was the bathroom scene?

Lee. Doctor!

Dr. Bash. Yes!

Lee. Look at me [the doctor stops for a moment and looks at Lee. Now look at the device here showing my heart rate, it is normal L-L-L-L-! [He adds the Ls in there so the doctor is sure to look.

Dr. Bash. What happened, you are back to normal: my gosh. No need for this [and he walks out of the room as if nothing happened and out of sight; as if hes use to miracles on a daily bases; or embarrassed he was going to give electric shock to a man who didnt need it any longer.

Lee now is thinking about Rosario and her Latin completion. She is build just right for him. Then he mumbles: Mom will not be worried anymore, with a sigh of relief.

Oliver [smiling. They almost got that contraption on you. Haw, how about that nurse, that Rosario is a fox isnt she shed be a good catch.

Lee. Shes not a fish, but, do you really think so?

Oliver [a foxy look on his face. Yup, thats the kind of gal you need.

[Both Oliver and Lee look out of the bay-window onto the nurses area, and Rosario is monitoring something, most likely Lee, and catches both their eyes, and both guys turn their heads quickly.

Oliver [carelessly, with a smirk on his face. Damn women, cant even spy on them without activating their cat-senses!

Lee [soothingly, with a smile. Hmmmmmm! [He doesnt say anything beyond that.

The Curtain Falls

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissi luk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Play,fruit cake,fruit cake Play,dennis siluk,rosa p
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment