Sunday, November 11, 2012

Planet of Gray Dawn (SSARG III: Chapters 1112 and 13)

Chapter 11
Hell Dogs!

Of my wanderings I will briefly will tell, it was not like SSARG, or other planets, I roamed the hillside along ways, often hungrybeasts, savage as were kept on any planet, saw me, yet kept their distance, I think I had the smell of the Saneyhs still on my body, and surely in my cloths.

I slept in caves with a fire by my side, encircled it somewhat, so the beasts wouldnt creep up if I could not instinctively sense them. There were no high trees of any kind, just savage beasts outside my caves each and every night catching the warmth of the fire as it drifted outside my entrance. I slew a few for dinner, evil doges, hell doges I called them, fangs as big as a walruses. The meat was tough, and close to the bone; a wild taste I had not had before, like sucking on a leather belt. I was surviving though, and that was all, perhaps like the cavemen on earth, long ago: ancestors, primitive savages of earth, now I was one, I was one of them, I had only the leopard mens cloth to keep me warm, the cloths they had given me, in the middle of a savage universe. It was a battle for existence and that only.

Each day I would wait for the sun, and during the two plus hours of sun, I would rest under its glorious rays sucking up all the vitamin D I needed to activate my chemicals in my body, to reproduce what it needed to rebuild my immune system, for it was dying, and then came in the gray mist, a pale dawn of sorts, and my system would break down again. Perhaps that is why I loved SSARG or Earth, but didnt care for Moiromma, it had little sun, not as little as this planet, but little in consideration of earth.

I knew if I died this time, there would be no resurrection onto another planet, thus, vigilance was necessary for longer life. But on the other hand, danger lurked at ever corner of this valley, and its central plateaus.

Chapter 12
Sirens Philosophies
On the Pale Planet

Not s ure if I was fully alive on this planet, that phrase, has more depth to it than I can express. Most people on earth just walk through decades blurred, on the surface of life, not fully alive, (so Siren told herself as she wandered the mounds and valley by herself for several months). Everything on the planet was like a flicker of light, weakly lit, then came a brighter one for two hours a day. These weeks and months life hammered at my brain as if it was burned out of lifes orbit; now it was occupied with gathering firewood, food and all the basic needs. As I faced big jawed inhabitants, tormented by hell dogs, the moon oozing in and out of the planets orbit like a yoyo, it never ceased, each day was very predictable, perhaps that was good for the village folk, but for me it was, deadly.

When I wandered about, I did find one quality or asset, I never had much of before, to think, to produce philosophies of life I suppose, to soul search as they say on earth, to roam a ll the inner valleys of ones mind. Perhaps the great God of the Universe gives each creature of reason this period to prepare themselves for death, for something, because during youth, one is to wild, too busy, too carefree, or careless to do any such thing, lest they find themselves imprisoned.

Chapter 13
Hell Dogs and Bear Beasts

[Beast Lake As Siren ventured into the surrounding area, perhaps within a five hundred miles radius, she saw several hideous hell-dogs, fighting with a bear beast; they had three heads on them. She had killed a few in the past by stoning them to death by surprise, but this was not going to happen now, there were too many of them.

Close by a lake, she called Beast Lake, she encountered these dogs battling it out with a hung 20-foot mother bear trying to protect her five foot cub. The creek was full of water, indicating precious space fish available for whomever could secure the rights to that little section, she watched in amazement as the giant bear tossed the hell dogs about, so Siren had told me with a glaring voice.

Said Siren with a quivering voice, She had previous experience with these deadly dogs, and I with those deadly rats on SSARG, in both cases they seem to have had a high intelligence for their kind, and the hell dogs had tricks to corner the bear. Now She has a blood spotted hide, I could see it from the bushes I stood behindI expected the giant bear to fall to its death at any moment, but its mother instinct would not let it, while the cub was in danger, again as in my old days, I found myself wanting to rise to the rescue, as I jumped into the battle, it stirred the dogs from the bear to me. The dogs sprung up at me, and with my stone chiseled knife I ripped the guts open of three, cut the throat of the forth one, and he went down crawling on the ground like a worm. Then the giant bear got back into its murderous mode, and with its powerful arms and claws, it disembo weled the five other dogs, killed one at a time quicker than you could make a 360-degree turn.

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Chapter Story
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment