Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pride FC Coming to the US

For the first time ever in MMA history Pride Fighting Championships (Pride FC) will be coming to the United States sometime during the month of October. This moment has been in a lot of peoples minds for quite sometime and it is finally here. Pride FC is similar to the UFC but it is usually held in Japan and some say the fighters are tougher and a lot more technical than those in the UFC. The first round in Pride is 10 minutes followed by two 5 minute rounds for regular bouts and four 5 minute rounds for Championship bouts. Vanderlei Silva is the Pride light Heavyweight Champ and has held onto his title for the last 5 years, will someone take it if he steps into the ring in the US?

It has been a long talked about match between the UFC light heavyweigt champion Chuck (The Iceman) Liddell and the Pride FC light heavyweight champ Vanderlei Silva, who will win? Is Pride better than the UFC? In a fight you can never say for sure what will happen because there are always f lukes and some people are born with just pure luck but when it comes down to beating Vanderlei your gonna need a lot more then just luck. Liddell fought in pride a few times but the last I saw him fight was against Quinten (Rampage) Jackson and Rampage was one of the only people I've ever seen able to consistently take Chuck to the ground and dominate the fight. As we all know Chuck has one of the most fierce takedown defenses in the sport of MMA and it takes a bad dude to be able to take him down over and over again.

Vanderlei has stepped into the ring with Rampage on three seperate occasions and has layed the beating to him everytime. In my opinion if Rampage dominated Chuck the whole fight and Vanderlei has beaten Rampage 3 times then how in the world is Chuck gonna be able to take out Vanderlei. Vanderlei has a Iron chin which would take the jaws of life to do any damage to. I'm not saying Chuck doesn't have a chance because he too has held onto his title for quite sometime now and like I said anything can happen in a fight. It's not a match that's been set up yet but me and so many others out there would pay big bucks to see a fight like this take place. Hopefully the UFC and Pride FC can come to some kind of an aggreement and let these two step into the ring with each other. I think it is the first step to making it happen by having Pride come to the US for the first time ever. The fights will be held in Las Vegas Nevada which I don't have an exact date for yet and I also have not seen the fight card.

My name is Brent Wicklund and have been training in Martial Arts my entire life. I started with Taekwondo then moved onto Kung Fu and finally graduated to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu where my studies still remain. I have been into Mixed Martial Arts since the first UFC and have been following it ever since. My favorite thing to do is go watch these events live and if I can't make it to Vegas for the UFC, King of the Cage is right around the corner from my house and will do the trick plus I have personal friends who fight in this organization. Since the sport has grown so much and probably make boxing obsolete one day I went into business with my brother and started a MMA clothing line called Sick Submissions. We have many cool T-Shirts, Hats, Women's tanks and much more to chose from. Once I got the brand going I had my brother-In-Law design a website called Sicksubmissions.com and my life has remained very busy since. Now I go to Jiu-JItsu tournaments and MMA events in California which my company sponsers and set up a booth to provide our clothing to the public. See you at the cage!


Author:: Brent Wicklund
Keywords:: UFC, Pride Fighting, MMA, Jiu-Jitsu,Ultimate Fighting Championships, Chuck Liddell, Vanderlei Silva
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment