Monday, September 24, 2012

Mother's Day

I had never actually given Mothers Day much thought past the Gift. It dawned on me that there is more to the day than just flowers and chocolate.

Tale of the day

When I was younger I was unpleasantly forward and unfeeling and as a result I had few friends. One day in my second last year of primary school, I was brutally honest about something to someone. The result was a highly organized protest against me by all the fifth and sixth graders. They all marched around the school grounds several times chanting: We hate Tendayi! This lasted for two days by the end of which I was completely distraught and defeated. After it was all over the posters lay scattered on the school grounds as subtle reminders of just how disliked I was.

The protest had far reaching effects, but the ones that be grieved me were that from then on all the seventh graders bullied me and so did some of the feeble minded teachers. Up until I got to high school my life was one st ep short of hell. Through it all, my mother was my only friend. For the next two years my mother took over the role of movie buddy, dress up pArtner, chill mate and every other role a friend has. She made personal appearances to deliver tongue-lashings to all who made life difficult for me. One day I spent a lot of time thinking about the lengths a mother would go to for the love of a child even when that child is an ungrateful leech.

For me this year Mothers Day is about saying thank you to the woman who is the shoulder I cry on, the person I confide in, the person I hang out with, the person who gives me the best advice even when we disagree shell still go out of her way to do things for me. I may doubt everyone elses love for me but Ill never doubt her love and support for me, because she is my mommy. Th is Mothers Day I will reflect on the sacrifices my mother has made for me and I shall be grateful for them today and every other day. So to everyone out there, give your mom a shout and tell her that you care.

N.T.O Chirawu is a student studying media and Arts. She likes to think of herself as a creative individual. She plays the violin and recently moved to Southern Africa. She spends a lot of time volunteering for charity.


Author:: Ngambo Chirawu
Keywords:: Gift ideas, Gift idea, Ecard, Gift basket, Jewelry, Toys, Gift, Ecard, Gifts, Humor, Art
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safe ty tips

No comments:

Post a Comment