Thursday, September 13, 2012

Johannes' Strange Acquaintance

[Moiromma; part I

I think I will be dead next week if the nurse is correct on her examination. That said it brings to light a man I met once at a joint called, The Due Drop Inn, a harmless dive full of harmless people, madly packed with drunks. The owner lived above the bar, had quite the library for a barkeep. Thus, that was all he ever wanted out of life was to drink and read, and that is why he owned a bar I suppose, and lived above it; he had all his books, on top of books, and all the beer and whiskey he could drink. One might even conclude: what more could he ask for in life but his main two dishes of desires; his passions. Anything other than that, it would seem he hid from, sorry to say, it is the gospel truth. He thought all other things were a squandering of time. Perhaps, because of this, he had very few friends, if you know what I mean: yes, yes, drinking buddies of course, but not real honest to goodness, down right friends.

Every time he opened his mouth, closed his eyes, concentrated, putting both his hands tightly against his head, and then moving them down to his heart, he could hear things and see things way beyond the normal. But what I remember most, now that Im dying here in the hospital is for some odd reason, he never smiled, a most trivial observation I assure you, but when a man is dying, and this comes to mind, it is worth an once of thought; is it not?

(Remember the nurse ((the nurse being: Ellyn)); shes at Johannes side now.)

Do you want me to see if I can find this person for you? (Johannes being a talker of sorts, loving the art, got to know the nurses quite well).

Yes, yes, I told Ellyn that would work quite well. Now that I think about it, and shes thinking there was something peculiar about him. She is ready to start her search.

(Two days later.)

(Ellyn) Johannes, I went looking for your mysterious person, and guess what?

What, I said, not expecting anything of value to appear.

I even went to the bar, you mentioned, and guess whatI found him!

At the bar? I asked, thinking, she looked cute with her little beady eyes, and well lets leave that alone. As I was about to say, I asked Ellyn if shed ask him to come and see me tomorrow, if I lived to see tomorrow that is. For the life of me I couldnt remember his name, but Ellyn knew, as I searched high and low for it she said, Amaru, now who could remember that I told myself, so I didnt feel so bad after she muttered it out.

Ay yes, that was his name, I said with delight, to Ellyn.

Johannes, she said in a voice that said she had pulled the rabbit out of the hat, Believe it or not, he just happens to be in this very hospital, actually in critical care like you, next door. To my astonishing glimpse at her, my eyes opened up as wide as owls.

Next door, I spited out, stuttering even.

Yes, yes, yes she said as if she was Sherlock Holms.

Take me to him, I asked Ellyn, and there within the moment we found ourselves peeking around the door of his room, into his room.

(Whispered Ellyn.) The old man wants to die.

Said I, He doesnt look frustrated, does he?

He was now speaking in a low tone a foreign language, one Ive never heard and being a well seasoned traveler you pick up on such things. What he was saying was: the Moiromma tongue.

Johannes, come over here! he said in a semi-loud rustic dying voice. I was astounded he remembered me, a memory like an elephant.

You are a stranger friend, he commented, Come with me, be a Moirommalite. He than grabbed my hand, as if I was shackled to him, his blood being socked into my skin, and when I woke up, I was on Moiromma. He could not tell me what exactly took place, how Ellyn was feeling, but did say, As we both died there on the spot, she looked in wonderment, as our souls vanished in her sight hand to hand, on our way to Moiromma.

[Part II M oiromma: lazrak

Author Dennis Siluk, web stie http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Short Story
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment