Friday, September 21, 2012

Magic DVD Review The Art of Street Performing by Cellini

This is a review of the three volume set of DVDs on the art of street performing by Cellini.

Cellini Presents: The Art of Street Performing Volume 1
Format: DVD
Length: 57 minutes
Publisher: Magicman1234 Productions
Cost: $59.95

Cellini Presents: The Art of Street Performing Volume 2
Format: DVD
Length: 1 hour 25 minutes
Publisher: Magicman1234 Productions
Cost: $59.95

Cellini Presents: The Art of Street Performing Volume 3
Fromat: DVD
Length: 1 hour 42 minutes
Publisher: Magicman1234 Productions
Cost: $59.95

This set of DVDs is a constant source of consternation to me.

This is how Cellini talks about Volume 1:

This video will do much more than entertain you. It will enlighten you and excite you. It can even change the course of your life. I have tried my best to explain this illusive art. You will learn how to attract,build, hold and entertain an audience, while making a good living. Those I have influenced found themselves transformed by the experience in ways they never imagined. All the secrets are here... it's up to you. It could change your life forever. It did mine! - Cellini

From that blurb, I spent my hard earned money to get the first volume. I was excited as I put the DVD into the player. I was going to see Cellini spill his guts about ALL of the secrets he had learned from decades of street performing. I sat on my couch, popcorn in hand, ready to be influenced and transformed by Cellini's sage advice.

A mere 57 minutes later, I was stunned. At twice the cost and half the length of a regular magic DVD, I mistakenly thought Cellini might perform in this video. Wrong. Cellini introduces various concepts of street performing, such as gathering a crowd. Other performers demonstrate the point Cellini is making.

I was mad and felt cheated. I put the DVD away for months. However I came back to it. After watching it again, I changed my min d. The material is good.

Several important aspects of street performing are taught and demonstrated. The DVD is expensive and short. However, if your are considering performing street magic, then you will more than get your money from the ideas you will learn from this video. Volume 1 is not at all what I expected, but it is good.

Volume 2 is everything I expected and more. I recommend this video to every magician.

Cellini's work on the thumbtip alone is worth the price of admission. This is how the thumbtip should be used. Get out your old thumbtip and start to do some stunning magic. You might even fool other Magicians!

You will also see classic and clean approaches to rope magic and the cups and balls trick. This is exactly what I had hoped to see in Volume 1.

Volume 3 is directed at the art and craft of street performing. Very good material if street magic is your thing. There are many tips and ideas given. The live performances are good as well.

Recommendation:

Buy the whole set if you have any interest on the art and craft of street performing. It is expensive, but the material given is the real deal. It is a bargain compared to the tuition at the School of Hard Knocks.

Every magician should buy and watch Volume 2. This is a great example of what magic can and should be.

You can get the videos at your favorite magic dealer or directly from the publisher listed above.

Copyright © 2005 J.L. Siefers, All rights reserved.

J.L. Siefers has been performing great magic for years. He has written extensively on many topics in magic. He has shown hundreds of people how to successfully learn to do great magic tricks.

Want to learn to do magic? Click now to get your FREE magic tricks! http://www.Learn -Great-Magic-Tricks.com

Sign up for The Magic Way newsletter! It's FREE: http://www.learn-great-magic-tricks.com/magic-newsletter.html


Author:: J.L. Siefers
Keywords:: Magicians, street magic, magic review, magic tricks, magic shows
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment