Saturday, October 27, 2012

New Orleans: Revelry a poem and commentary

New Orleans: Revelry

I really am flesh and blood
more than flesh and blood;
perhaps by many now:

a haunted vision in their minds
(after the Great Upheaval, of 2005).
But truly, truly none of this is
answerable for my majesty;
I changed with the weather (you
could say); there gossip is an
eccentricdove, descending
over and above the city of love:
the city that lost no hope.

I am a city of spirit and Jazz;
unbroken, bestowing, stubborn;

just walk down my Bourbon
Streetand see, I am standing tall,
no longer on my kneesby Gods
grace!...

#1050 12/20/05 Commentary Note: After the great hurricane hit New Orleans, Katrina, in 2005, which shocked the world, for it nearly wiped the whole city off the maplikened to Pompeii, yet not with fire, but with water, it is ready to celebrate its New Years homecoming; you could say, as we step from 2005 into 2006, in less than 36-hours, from the writing of this poem, and note: it will open its doors to the world again. And had I the time and resources to celebrate with her, in New Orleans, I would, as I had in 2003, so welcome home to a unique city, one equal to Venice and Amsterdam (of which Ive also been to); Happy New Year.

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Poem/Commentary
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment