Sunday, May 29, 2011

Storm in the Mind A poem of Unrest/and Notes by the Author

Here is a new poem by the Poet, Dennis Siluk, and to my thinking, or reasoning, he has chosen to make a few notes on [I think, his reasoning, and feelings on Poetry per se, after the poem; and again, I repeat, his view on dramatic verse, and maintaining balance in the poem. The poem has good images, and is done in free verse, yet it has some regularity to it, stanza's of threes. Rosa Penaloza

Storm in the Mind

Vague unrest,
Wanting something
But not knowing what?

Soiled days
Sharp and painful
Hunting vainly for it

But finding only unrest;
Perhaps it is peace,
Love or beauty

Or all of the above
I seek
Want to possess.

I must be looking,
For the face of life
Its deepest secrets

all conquests
In life are trivial?
After the pursuit?

Maybe it is waking up
From the dead I seek?
Like volcanic convulsions

Beneath my feet;
Knowledge after the end;
The sweetness

Of that existence!...

Envoy.

Breathing the blaze
Of the sun
Putting the resilient

Muscles in motion
The vigor of life being spent,
Is only part of the horizon?
My friend

If I could re-thumb
My clay image
Into another likeness,
It would the same I fear
Except with wings .

#727 6/2005

Notes by the Author: Poetry is/or should be, I believe, the catalyst which frees us of ourselves. Poetry cri es, if not barks at the reader, Possess me! And keep me in your consciousness, it says.

I suppose in my dramatic lyrics, prophetic outcries, I suppose you could call them, sometimes dominate my love and search: thus, becoming a destroyer, just as much as a preserver in the poems harmonic balance. At times puzzling for me, but I dont like loitering poems, so I shoot for the sky.

Poet/Author Dennis Siluk
http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Poetry
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment