Saturday, May 21, 2011

Minnesota Cowboy a song

Hi, are you a cowboy? Thats what he said to me

One daywalking through a mall I turned to look: then said: Yes, nodding with a smile.

Then like a storm at night

His eyes grew with awesome light As I I remembered when: When I was ten, just like him

WhenI was ten when I was ten I remember when I was only ten Running with the wind no horse No horse only a friend

Yes I remember when I lived my dreams like him I played my cowboy whims

To the very end

In a city vacant lot On a hill that wasnt much

And if I would have known A real cowboy I would have grown That awesome special light Those only cowboys have at ten

Yes I remember when I was only ten With cowboy hats and guns

Id run until the sun

Came down Singing my cowboy Songs

An d when the air was crisp and wet

My cowboy caps wouldnt shoot Yes, thats a cowboys loss

But a cowboy still pretends at ten And keeps running with the wind

Yes, I remember when

I remember when

I remember when

Thank you Lord,

For sending the cowboy my way

Note: written after seeing a little boy and his mother passing me up and saying, Are you a real cowboy? And yes, I nodded with my head) Yes, and he beamed with joy, just because of my cowboy hat. And so I sat and had a cup of coffee, and wrote this poetic-Song, and it was produced awhile later at Chapel Recording studios into a Song, Mass; or iginally written 2/22/l997

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Song
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment