Monday, October 31, 2011

Peaches with Cinnamon Dough Dumplings: My Amazing Late Night Vision

At the end of my last article on Dumplings, Dumplings: My Deep Culinary Secret, I mentioned that I had a tube of cinnamon bun dough and I might give it a try with one of my wonderful soups. The more I thought about this, the more I thought it would be a dumb idea. I would stick with the biscuit and croissant roll dough for soup Dumplings.

But what could I do to be clever with cinnamon bun dough?

What would I do with the frosting?

Then last evening as we were watching Stage Door Canteen, (Learn about the star-studded cast of Stage Door Canteen at: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036384/), I jumped out of my chair and said UREKA!

I think it was Ray Bolgers dancing that inspired me. Hes the one that played the scarecrow in The Wizard of OZ. Anyway, my wife is use to me jumping form my chair and saying UREKA! She didnt take her eyes off the TV screen. Who would with Bolger clowning around?

I streaked into the kitchen, dropped two quarts of bottled Peaches from Costco into a pan, got them boiling as I dropped in about a cup of brown sugar, plopped the cinnamon roll dough patties onto the top, boiled them for ten minutes, put on the lid for another ten minutes of boiling (turn the burner down, silly!), let the pot cool for a few minutes, scooped out Peaches and the wonderful cinnamon Dumplings into two bowls, dropped a spoonful of frosting (waste not, want not) on top of the cinnamon Dumplings, and paraded into the living room.

My wife said, I cant eat that this late at night. Besides, its too hot. Put it there!

Starting with small spoonfuls because it was too hot, I advanced to larger spoonfuls, then to another bowl. Wow! Wow!

About midnight I woke from a humongous nightmare. I was on a sugar high you wouldnt believe.

Wow again!

Id done it! Id done it!

Peach Dumplings!

The End

copyrightJohn T. Jones, Ph.D.2005

John T. Jones, Ph.D. (tjbooks@hotmail.com)is a retired R &D engineer and VP of a Fortune 500 company. He is author of detective & western novels, nonfiction (business, scientific, engineering), poetry, etc. Former editor of international trade magazine. Jones is Executive Representative of International Wealth Success. More info: http://www.tjbooks.com. Business web site: http://www.bookfindhelp.com (IWS wealth-success books and kits and business newsletters / TopFlight flagpoles)


Author:: John T Jones, Ph.D.
Keywords:: Cooking, Dumplings, peach Dumplings, Peaches, Recipe, Humor, Taylor Jones
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment