Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beacon Verse Series Article Two

I think, sometimes,
We like to punish ourselves,
To feel ' Guilty '
For the ' Things ' that we've done...
We take our old misdeeds down off of their shelves
To examine them each, one by one...

I think it must be
The pain that we like,
It's better than no feeling at all...
It's great fun to do when alone at night;
We can ' Suffer ' and just have a ball...

Sometimes, it's hard to remember each ' Crime ',
There've been so many ways we've been ' Bad ';
When we run out of these,
The remainder of time
We devote to the ' Bad Thoughts ' we've had...

I really should be in a prison, someplace!
Oh, the ' Shame '
If the world only knew...
For these ' Things and these ' Thoughts '
I should live in disgrace
And ' Torture ' myself...my life through...

As we serve out
Our ' Self-imposed sentence ',
So to ' Pay ' for each terrible ' Sin ',
Perhaps,half the ' Joy of repentance '
Comes from ' Living them over ' again?

Beacon Verse Series (part two)

Having used rhyming verse to resolve the ' Guilt ' issue, I felt much better. I saw it in a whole new light. Never again would I be worked over by ' Nagging Guilt ' for very long as I then recognized it for what it really was.

Or, had I? Had I really isolated Guilt's origin, or had I simply Seared my conscience?

Either way, I had discovered a wonderful way to examine, and to often resolve, troubling dilemmas through writing Poetry, a way by which to connect the dots that were often so scattered in my rattled brain.

Now, in 2006, I hope I have a little better understanding. I feel that Guilt is not a simple this or that issue. Rather, that Guilt involves having a conscience, which is a good thing. I have read that Ted Bundy didn't have one. And yes, the scriptures do suggest that it is possible for one to Sear or turn off ones own conscience.

Perhaps, it really comes dow n to Love? If we truly love, we will not knowingly do those things that cause pain to others, emotional or otherwise. If we do, intentionally or accidentally, we should feel Remorse, taking action, if possible, to alleviate the problem. Then, not do it again!

Yet, we should not walk around as on eggshells, in fear of Offending others by saying what we know is the Truth. Yes, Perfect love casts out fear.

Russ Miles writes romance books, Poetry, songs, ezine articles, and mystery thriller novels that often include some of his early Poetry. One, FOR SALE BY OWNERS:FSBO ISBN 0-595-28703-4,in trade paperback,is available by phone or Internet:1-800-Authors to order direct!

In 2006, his remaining copies of Beacon and Imperfections are being sold through his personal website http://www.MilesBooks.com and via Poetry Book Orders MilesBooks@gmail.com


Author:: Russ Miles
Keywords:: Guilt,Beacon,Imperfections,russ miles,Poetry,Beacon verse,Beacon Poetry,Con cience,ted bundy,Fsbo,
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment