Saturday, April 16, 2011

Twitching A Poem Relating To An Accident In Gray Clould Island Minnesota 1962

Twitching
[Speaking eyes

Unresponsive obscure fear
a whisper and laboring breath

I entered gloom, almost total
darkness greeted me

I breathed in a moment of
bewilderment, I twitched
it shot upward
my eyes opened, jarred
I twitched again, in the
opposite direction

(or perhaps it was towards
the light)
wide and fixed eyed
my lids moved back
as my pupils examined all
lashes hitting my brows
(so it seemed)

my face
was stiff, no physical pain
no hallucinations
a bit of distress I observed
no more
(I twitched again)

I sat up, moved out of
the crushed car
(it had rolled over some
thirty-foot embankment onto
the Mississippi River)

I was a bit nauseated
with the whole thing
its all right, I told myself
aloud
everythings alright

(it was ten-below zero
in the Minnesota countryside
((in G ray Cloud Island, 1962))

theres nothing here, I said
I drew in a breath, my iris
contracted
trying to focus, then relax
(I was but fifteen, and my
old Desoto was ten; and we
both crashed onto the ice)

I checked out my bones
seriously
I didnt fracture any, not one
my muscles seemed to be
loose (perhaps because of
the booze)

I parted my lips, said:
where am I?
for a moment I felt as if
the car window was open
then narrowed my eyes
closed them, reopened them
I saw on thin ice,
(my face was damp,
sweat, I wiped it
with my forearm, and
turned towards the bank

my awakening period
had been complete
my forlorn peace
exhausted
a spasm crossed my eye
I fumbled up the embankment

in a minute
I saw car lights
I murmured under my breath
its all right now
(then twitched again)

#1523 10/20/2006 Written at El Parquetitos during lunch, Lima, Peru

See Dennis' web site: dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Poetry
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment