Monday, June 27, 2011

The Eternal Hunt For The Cell Phone

As the daily destruction of my house continues, I remain amazed by the amount of disaster that one small person can unleash. Today, it is not only the normal disasters involving breakfast, snacks, CDs, DVDs, and other personal non-Baby items, but also the stashing of random items in unexpected places.

The item in question today was my cell phone, yes, the only phone in my house, the only attachment to the outside world. My cell phone provider must love me, as I regularly send text messages to myself via the Web in an effort to discover its hiding place. Today, I sent several messages in vain, as I dug underneath the bed, through the piles of laundry and behind the couch in an effort to find the missing device. Finally I hear a faint note from my cell phone ringer (which is constantly reset, also thanks to the small destructive person) and regain hope.

I narrowed the search to three adjacent rooms and started searching the trash, the dishwasher, the ca binets, the desk drawers, and so on. $1 of text messages later, I have destroyed my house, and still no cell phone.

May I mention that this is wasting my precious and rare free time while the destroyer is actually asleep, or at least in his room and quiet???

Finally, I zero in on a giant basket of toys. Despite setting off several serenades to Pooh Bear and the letter H, I continue my search. As I study a giant shape-sorter, I contemplate the small hole in the side, meant for removing said shapes from the inner sanctum. I run back to the computer, sending yet another text message, and confirm my fears. The small wonder has shape-sorted my cell phone, alone with several toy cars, half a rice cake, and a few Little People. Shaking does nothing but make my phone squawk louder, as I attempt to remove a few of the toy cars to reach the cell phone. With a little persons hat wedged under my fingernail and my hand being scraped up by other items, I finally retr ieve the cell phone.

The irony of this search is that I only wanted the cell phone to make a doctors appointment for the little destroyer. No good deed goes unpunished.

Im a mommy to a Toddler who gets into everything but is a ton of fun. Pre-Baby, I had a musical career and a job. Now you can visit my blog to see how my life has changed. http://lilduckduck.com


Author:: Lisa Clauson
Keywords:: Toddler, cell phone, Parenting, Baby, Childhood
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment