Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Beauty of Nature's Grief A prose poem

The Beauty of Nature's Grief [A prose poem

The days in winter are piercing, insightful to the point of gloom!

Ah! There is amazement in the spell of this moment (produced by the sky), putting ones self into a trance almost, earnestly, drawing ones fleeting look into the passion and imagination of the dim winter sky. Quietness, aloneness; branches from trees afar, reach into my view of the horizon (its sun bent redness, is putting on its chastity-belt, for soon twilight will dominate, will bend her into dusk. Only the littleness of it all do I see, its remoteness, from where I am in this here caf looking out, thus, the colors in the evening sky seem to have a melody to its dim rainbow. They say, as I think, Reflect! for in the grandeur of it all, the moment is soon lost, yes indeed, lost without dedication: twilight will pass.

All the same, these images in me somehow found this poem: projected from the birth of this here eveningto this intensity.

My nerves were tense today, now as I write, transmit (the evening away), the calls and ripples of the evening have calmed me.

The sky now yellow, red, tints of blue, that skeleton of a tree still in my view; the sky confuses me somewhat. Yet its just one sunset out of many melting down. Perhaps the insensitiveness if it all, of the sky: for the sky irritates me tonight! I dont want it to flee, eternally; even though I may see a new one tomorrow, Let it be! I say (but thats desire, control, pride speaking).

The examining of beauty, if it sees you (and you it), will disappear if you do not grab its grief! (And so I have.)

Ps. As I read my hand writing of this poem I just looked upthe gloom has taken over the sky! (2/5/06: 5:43 PM ((Sunday))

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: prose poem
Power by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment