Monday, April 23, 2012

Conversations at the Cafe: Tablesaway

She: Her Grandma died, she knew shed not be around long

(shes trying to clear her throat: a male friend listening; she turns some pages in her note book, studying for a testcollege stuff ((young pretty, unwed))

Is this your first page? before Friday She answers him.

So youre back to writing out notes! He answers with a calm voice.

(both students are studying now, not talking, shes indicated her previous study partner has shifted in his moods and shes no longer able to handle that.)

So I told

Do you think shes interesting?

It would be good for her to do

something with a different.

Thats like my worse fear in a

relationship, to be devoured by it.

With this lighthearted conversation recorded in time now (once said, it remains said), what will it create: so I think, become part of, forgotten in an hour, building blocks for the residue of creation? So I ask myself.

She says, Super helpful, and adds, whateve r, and he follows in turn

I feel Im developing

She says, You dont think they are going anywhere?

She says: Medicine is not like architecture, which you see after youre done; it is one person after the other, less joy in what is, and is doing already all in words spent. He just listens, it sounds to me she is gearing up for a dreadful career.

Note: I am always surprised how loud everyone talks at the caf, as if no one is listening yet Im sure their echoes would cross the Andes should they be in Peru. And so many people walk around the caf with cell phones talking as if no one in the world is listening. I asked myself, tell my self: they are yelling to the world everything. Are they not a little bashful, a little reserved, a ting modest. I mean I could have written several more novels just about what has been said these past ten-years Ive sat at this caf and wrote my books and poetry, and whatever. As are the students and everyone else at the caf the same: tables away from me, and talking as if they are in a private room and no one is listening. We are listening, little people, and if I can hear, so can many others. #1259 3/2/06

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Conversations
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment