Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Wild Dove (a Sonnet to Elvis)

The wild-Dove (a Sonnet to Elvis)

I saw now, a wild-dove with no mate

Pass me by, as I walked my path of life;

So high, so high he flew, in the skys light, Boundless and quick, unblocked and elate, Happy, I thoughtHe must be, knowing his fate;

For he, like Solomon, had sipped lifes lusts;

(found the golden-seeds) perhaps for all of us, While as for me I watched, waited, and wished!

And thou, Ofair one, in thy stormy quest, Thou, too art lonely, gazing at us less.

O yes, O yes, my wild-dove, from up above,

Like Solomon of old, your hunger grew, And we all watched, gazed upon you: Lost somewhere, between heaven and below.

#942 12/5/05 Note: It has been said Elvis couldnt hold it all together any longer. You could see it in his face, displaced, mentally distorted, at the end of his lifes journey.

Im sure he was tired, and troubled as if snow had covered him, froze him where he stood. It was in his smile, his eyes, a nd his face: the fear of it plundering to the ground. And I seem to sense there was a moment, he didnt care, he wanted to let it all go, and thus, the struggle was over. This of course is an artist view, not perhaps the real thing.

I, like so many grew up with him being around, its seems he was everywhere I was during those far off days (I was in the Army, studied Karate, so forth and so on: sometimes I sense I may have even copied him, who didnt in someway or fashion?); myself being 58-years old now, and had Elvis lived, hed be seventy I think. Some 12-years my senior; the first time I heard his voice, was going to a boys club in St. Paul, Minnesota, it was Heartbreak Hotel, I had head of him, but not a full record of his yet, it was back in l958 I heard the song.

I was eleven years old back in l958. And so with all respect intended, I leave a sonnet for him, in my name, not because he was so great, but rather, because he left a message for me: you need to be r eady for what you ask for.

See Dennis' web site: http://dennissiluk.tripod.com


Author:: Dennis Siluk
Keywords:: Poetry
Post by History of the Computer | Computer safety tips

No comments:

Post a Comment